Cadence unveils Millennium Platform the industry’s first accelerated digital twin
Cadence has announced the Cadence Millennium Enterprise Multi-physics Platform, the industry’s first hardware/software (HW/SW) accelerated digital twin solution for multiphysics system design and analysis. Targeted at one of the biggest opportunities for greater performance and efficiency, the first-generation Cadence Millennium M1 accelerates high-fidelity computational fluid dynamics (CFD) simulations. Available in the cloud or on premises, this turnkey solution includes graphics processing units (GPUs) from leading providers, extremely fast interconnections and an enhanced Cadence high-fidelity CFD software stack optimised for GPU acceleration and generative AI. Millennium M1 instances can be fused into a unified cluster, enabling customers to achieve an unprecedented same-day turnaround time and near-linear scalability when simulating complex mechanical systems.
Designing mechanical systems for new levels of performance and efficiency has become a key priority in the automotive, aerospace and defence (A&D), energy and turbo-machinery industries. To optimise performance and reduce greenhouse gases, automotive designers are focused on improving fuel efficiency, reducing drag and noise, and extending electric vehicle range. Increasing efficiency, reducing carbon emissions and reducing maintenance frequency are top of mind for A&D and turbo-machinery design engineers. Advances in multi-physics simulation technology are critical to achieving these goals. Performance, accuracy, capacity and accelerated computing are all essential to enabling digital twin simulations that explore more design innovations, providing confidence that they will function as intended before undertaking prototype development and testing.
The Millennium Platform addresses these needs. Highlights and benefits include:
* Performance: Combines best-in-class GPU-resident CFD solvers with dedicated GPU hardware to provide supercomputer-equivalent throughput per GPU of up to 1000 CPU cores
* Efficiency: Reduces turnaround time from weeks to hours with 20X better energy efficiency compared to its CPU equivalent
* Accuracy: Leverages Cadence Fidelity CFD solvers to provide unmatched accuracy to address complex simulation challenges
* High-Performance Computing: Built with an extensible architecture and massively scalable Fidelity solvers to provide near-linear scalability on multiple GPU nodes
* AI Digital Twin: Rapid generation of high-quality multi-physics data enables generative AI to create fast and reliable digital twin visualisations of the optimal system design solution
* Turnkey Solution: The industry’s first solution that couples GPU compute with modern and scalable CFD solvers, providing an optimised environment for accelerated CFD and multidisciplinary design and optimisation
* Flexibility: Available with GPUs from leading vendors, in the cloud with minimum 8 GPU configurations, or on premises with a minimum 32 GPU configuration—providing a flexible and scalable solution to fit each customer’s deployment needs
“Throughout our 35-year history, Cadence has been focused on increasing performance with no loss of accuracy for the most challenging computational applications. Algorithmic throughput remains a key priority, and we’re now leveraging generative AI to harvest knowledge gained from massive quantities of design and simulation data,” said Ben Gu, corporate vice president of R&D for multi-physics systems analysis at Cadence. “Our revolutionary Millennium platform is a giant leap forward, delivering unprecedented acceleration and scalability of digital twin and AI applications. CFD is poised to benefit greatly from performance and efficiency gains, and the tremendous power of the Millennium M1 is disrupting industries that must explore more design innovations and bring them to market faster.”